- a ward with lots of young families like us
- proximity to Big Cottonwood Canyon (I stuff Miles in the backpack and go hiking a couple mornings a week)
- we don't have to do yardwork! But we smile and wave at the grounds crew everyday when they drive around in their golf carts.
- the Cottonwood Heights Recreation Center. It has 5 swimming pools and a couple acceptable yoga instructors. I don't think anyone can compare to the yoga instructor at our old gym; she was unsurpassably amazing.
- ~ climbing in parked golf carts
- ~ pointing at robins on the lawn and in trees
- ~ parks with swings
- ~ a neighbor who is only 30 minutes younger than him (but she can already touch her nose, eyes, and mouth and give kisses)
Things Alvin loves about this area:
- the beautiful mansions in nearby neighborhoods
- the freeway entrance is 2 minutes away, so his work is 10 minutes closer
- a new friend who shares his last name and hair color
- the plethora of pinecones on our sidewalks, which are useful for throwing at the basketball hoop, which greatly amuses Miles
P.S. We also recently hiked Notch Peak near Delta, Utah, heard Peter Breiholt perform at the Brigham Young park, and went to Ashley Ross's wedding. My highschool friend is now Mrs. Jason Eldredge.
Miles with cousins Mallory, Avery, and Sophia (aren't her natural ringlets precious?)