Sunday, April 1, 2012

Watering the Baby

Now that it is so warm outside, Miles' new favorite pastime is building rivers and waterfalls in the backyard. Basically playing in the mud.  Alvin (the geologist) helps him dig a river in the dirt, then they turn on the hose and drench the earth.  The other day I was inside using the computer when Alvin came in from just such a geology project.
"Where's Clay?" I asked.
"Oh, he's outside in his chair.  Miles is watching him."  I raised my eyebrows, but went back to work.
A few minutes passed, then we heard a shriek from outside.  Then another shriek.
I headed downstairs to assess the situation.  Just as I got to the back door, I met Miles rushing inside.
"Mom!  You have to stay in here while I dry off Clay!  Go get me a towel."
I was flabbergasted (my grandma uses that word a lot).  I tried to continue outside to see just how wet Clay was, but Miles blocked me!
Alvin handed him a towel, shrugged his shoulders at me, and said, "Miles wants to do it himself.  Just let him."  Defeated again.
Well, Miles "dried off" Clay, but the baby was still sopping when we finally got to him.  But not crying - what a good sport of a little brother.

3 comments:

Jason Zander said...

That is hilarious! Older siblings do a good job of helping the little ones adjust to this cruel world. Clay is such an adorable baby! I can't wait to meet him this summer!

Levi and Kami's Blog said...

So so funny!!!!!!! :) He sounds like a great big brother!

Angela said...

oh my goodness, that is a great story. . .!!