Sunday, September 28, 2008

Flying Solo

Alvin left this morning for a week-long job training in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Assuming he made it past airport security in his steel-toed boots, he's scheduled for daily classes in job safety. I looked at his schedule, and I think they'll be watching a lot of movies - maybe about past industrial accidents in his company.

What am I going to do without Alvin? His last business trip was only 3 or 4 days, and that was a year ago. This is an entire week! At least I have Amber and Ranger to keep me company. If I get too bored and lonely, I might do something drastic, like get a short haircut. Alvin's pretty lucky that I've put up with long hair since we got married.

Yesterday we drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon and Guardsman Pass to see the fall leaves. The colors are spectacular! Autumn in Utah is fabulous.

3 comments:

Brian Hays said...

Laura, whatever you do, don't cut your hair!!!!!! Save it for Alvin!!!!!! You guys are quite the young professionals flying all over the place for training and such.

Brian

Heather said...

Oh being apart is no fun at all. I'm sorry. I hope your week goes by fast!

Alvin said...

Keep the hair! It's so nice.